We know that Webflow was launched in 2013, and since then, it has challenged many other CMSs. The thing is, WordPress is a big competitor that it was built against, and it has proven itself strong against them. So, when we compare WordPress with Webflow, we see multiple features you can find in them. Choosing between the two can be a difficult decision if you do not have an idea about what they are best for.
So, in this blog, you will find information about their main features and differentiations. Also, you can read when you should use Webflow and when WordPress. At the same time, you can read what type of websites would work with a certain content management system. So, Webflow is one of the top WordPress alternatives you can have.
|WordPress Features||Webflow Features|
|It offers SSL but still can cause cyber security issues||Webflow also has SSL options available with better monitoring|
|You stay limited without coding||You can adapt it completely and customize it according to your needs|
|You may need an expert if you do not know the CMS||Using this CMS is easier than WordPress|
|Drag and drop design||Drag and drop CMS with ease to use and design|
|It offers a bigger range of themes and other tools||It offers limited templates and themes as tools|
|You can use multiple third-party integrations with it.||It does not provide many third-party integrations but does provide snippets for your site.|
|WordPress allows you to get easy updates and also will be mobile-friendly.||It does not need any updates and would work with ease.|
|Does not have any customer support||You can avail of their experts and watch courses about their CMS.|
|It is free for use but does have other costs||This CMS has multiple paid plans available for several needs. Unfortunately, it is not available for free.|
|There can be issues with security if you create a website here.||Using Webflow helps you get better security, making your work easier and more secure.|
|It works well for e-commerce and blogging.||You can use it as a web designer and a professional.|
|WordPress works well when you need cost-effective websites.|
What Is Webflow?
Webflow is a content management system a competitor to WordPress that allows better-designing features. It is a paid system that allows many features, like no need for coding when designing your website.
WordPress Vs. WordPress An Overview
When it comes to the basic options, you can find a huge difference between the two. For instance:
- You do not have to use coding for designing your page templates which are Webflow templates or other parts in Webflow.
- Another pro of Webflow is that you do not need hosting or a domain.
- It also offers responsive designs with drag and drop, just like WordPress.
- WordPress has more options for functionalities and plugins. It offers more than 4200 themes and 10k plus templates.
- On the other hand, Webflow stands way behind them with only 45 themes.
- WordPress offers third-party tools you can integrate into, while Webflow does not.
- Also, it allows you to customize your tools if you want to create new ones for your website.
- Webflow also does not offer plugins, but you can download snippets from other services that work with it.
Webflow hosting has its own benefits, and it works differently than WordPress.
WordPress Pros for E-commerce Sites
E-commerce is a major part of the world web industry, with billions of dollars in the market. So, when you want to create an E-commerce website, you can try either. But before you choose, you can read WordPress’s overview as a CMS.
- There are multiple functionalities in WordPress when you are looking for a complete website.
- WordPress is perfect for multiple themes available.
- It allows you to use Woocommerce and Ecwid
- Moreover, you can integrate Big Commerce with your website. At the same time, you have options for using payment methods that work for this framework. This includes PayPal, Stripe, and Square.
Webflow Pros for Website Building
Webflow is a great website builder with special features others do not offer. So, it allows you amazing template settings, and there is no need for plugins when using Webflow.
On the other hand, you can also put it this way, using WordPress plugins can cause updating issues and be difficult to handle. Moreover, it allows you to make changes according to your needs easily.
At the same time, it has a prototyping system that makes your designing part easier. Also, you can easily customize the template according to your needs.
Also, it is easier to design for different devices and can create pages with original content. At the same time, its content aligns with the design; you can use templates to make changes to your website.
It does not take much time, and you can design and deploy immediately. It has shared designs you can clone easily and offers automatic backups and CMS updates.
Webflow And WordPress Prices
The comparison may be difficult regarding the amounts you must spend to buy them. So, here are some points you need to remember when looking to get them:
- WordPress is a free resource for your website building without paying anything.
- On the other hand, you need to buy hosting and a domain when you are building on WordPress.
- Also, you may have to buy plugins, themes, and other functionalities. But on the other hand, it can keep it cheap compared to Webflow if you want that. You can use freemium and free tools to ensure low investment.
These Webflow plans are great; you can try any of these according to your needs.
How Much Does Webflow Cost?
- You can buy Webflow CMS in two ways; you may use site plans.
- The other one is that you can buy account plans if you want multiple websites for your projects.
- When you buy this plan, you can transfer your website to someone else’s account.
- It has e-commerce and regular plans, with the regular one starting at $12 per month.
- On the other hand, using a $16 per-month plan is preferable if you want to use its blogging version.
WordPress: A Better Blogging Option
If you want to categorize the features of Webflow and WordPress for blogging, it is clear that WordPress is the best option. For instance, it allows you to use collaboration methods to ensure you can add content easily. This way, you can give access to multiple users, and you do not have to worry about collaboration issues.
When we talk about Webflow, it does not offer great collaboration features. So, it may not be a great option when you want to add content to a site that already has a designer working on it.
On the other hand, Webflow has great customer support with a complete website that helps with any design issues. Also, you can visit their University.webflow.com to get any information you need for any design needs.
We discussed features of Webflow and WordPress. The use of WordPress is great for blogging and collaborations. On the other hand, Webflow allows better security with better customization. For example, you can play with a white canvas on your Webflow website without worrying about coding.
Regarding WordPress, customization is impossible if you do not know how to code.