Are you looking to start a new website trying to market a product? Or are you looking to create an ecommerce product store? You may even want to create a new blog online or a company building your first website. If you are any of these or someone similar, a question always comes to mind: which contact management system ” Wix Vs Shopify ” to use?
This blog will compare two of the most robust content management systems in the Internet world. You will learn about Wix and Shopify as we compare them for different use cases. At the same time, you will learn about their pros and cons with all the features you need to know about.
We will compare them for pricing, features, blogging, and ecommerce needs. Also, we will compare them for integrations, ease of use, design options, and customer support.
These two are both widely used depending on the types of requirements you have. You may be looking to use them for blogging or an ecommerce store. So, the things to keep in mind are that they have their unique features that suit specific needs.
Here is an overview of the two:
Wix Is Best For……?
When choosing your website’s content management system, one thing is for sure: you need to understand it thoroughly. Once you know the CMS, you need to learn if it is perfect for your type of website or not. So, in this section, you will understand if Wix is the CMS you need for your website or not.
Here are some features that will give you a clue of this:
List Of Businesses That Suit Wix?
To quickly identify if Wix will be perfect for your business or not, here’s a list of businesses that it suits:
- Small businesses that are on budget looking to build their online presence
- Freelancers and creative professionals looking to make their portfolio sites
- Personal blogs that are not meant to be monetized.
- You can also use it if you are a nonprofit organization working online
- Any small restaurants, cafes, and hotels
- Small to medium educational institutions
- Photographers and videographers looking to get online clients
- Artists and musicians
- Event planners looking for an online presence and portfolio site
- Consultants and coaches
- Small to medium online stores looking to build their brands
- Local services and trades working in different sectors.
Why Wix Suits These Businesses?
When discussing the factors these businesses suit, there’s a long list of reasons. For instance, it is a very cost-effective CMS with simplicity of use. At the same time, it provides you with portfolio templates and flexibility.
These features make it an excellent system for creativity and objectivity. At the same time, Shopify may not be a good choice for websites like event planning and portfolios. Also, this allows you to represent your services with visual appeal compared to Shopify.
Another thing to remember here is that these businesses do not need ecommerce capabilities in their systems. This means when you build a website with Wix, you don’t have to worry about the complexities that come with Shopify.
List Of Businesses That Should Prefer Shopify Over Wix
When it comes to the businesses that you refer Shopify over Wix, there is a long list to keep in mind:
- Any fashion brands looking to promote their online stores can build them with Shopify
- Retailers have online stores to sell on big levels.
- You can try them for electronics and gadget stores
- It is a perfect use for furniture and home decor retailers
- Also, you can use them for jewelry and accessories retailers online.
- If you have an online eCommerce store for health and wellness products, you can try them.
- It would also work for craft and artisan products
- Try it out as a technology and gadgets retailer.
- If you have an automotive parts and accessories store, you can try Shopify for it.
Why Shopify Suits These Businesses?
All the businesses we mentioned can have better results if they use Shopify for their websites and stores because:
- It has a lot to offer for ecommerce businesses regarding features and capacities.
- You also get impressive ecommerce tools that any online store would need-for instance, product management, inventory tracking, order fulfillment, and payment processing.
- It is one of the best content management systems to provide marketing tools like SEO, social media marketing, and email marketing tools.
- The customization levels your store can have with Shopify are far better than Wix, making it quite preferable.
- Also, it is quite preferable to create a store that you can quickly scale up.
- An essential part of an online store would always be payment gateways post. This is where it offers you a vast range of payment gateways for better access.
Main Features Of Wix Website Builder
When we compare Wix with Shopify, some more features of the CMS are pretty prominent. For instance:
- It has an amazingly user-friendly website editor
- You get excellent design flexibility with it
- Also, it comes with multilingual support for your websites
- They also provide you with a logo maker that you can utilize for creativity.
- It comes with a Wix mobile app that you can use to design your site from your cell phone.
Main Features of Shopify CMS
Here are some Shopify features that make it stand out in a comparison between Wix and Shopify:
- It has an e-commerce focus, which makes it perfect for online stores
- Also, it offers robust e-commerce tools for your stores
- You can get the broadest range of payment options with it.
- If you are looking to build a vast online store, its scalability can help. On the other hand, Wix is NEVER A GOOD CHOICE for that.
How User-Friendly Is Wix?
It is a perfect system to create a website on your own. This means you do not have to worry about a developer taking high amounts:
- The drag-and-drop editor it offers is quite handy regarding the ease of using this CMS.
- It even provides an artificial design intelligence system that can design your entire website with just a few questions.
- At the same time, it comes with templates that work for a wide range of website design needs.
- On this CMS, mobile optimization and responsiveness are more accessible to achieve.
- At the same time, it provides you with an application market you can utilize for adding functionalities to your sites.
How Easy Is Shopify For A Beginner?
Shopify may be pretty difficult to learn when it comes to beginners:
- The features of the CMS have a steep learning curve that allows better results but is quite challenging to learn.
- At the same time, it has powerful ecommerce tools for you but complex subscription methods.
- The platform can be tricky to understand when it comes to long-term costs. It has a complex calculation system regarding expenses, which is difficult for beginners to figure out.
- Integrating third-party apps into your website may also be very difficult.
- Payment processing and gateway integration can also be a daunting task for beginners in Shopify.
Comparing The Costs of Wix Vs Shopify
Suppose you want to learn about Wix and Shopify for the plans and different offers they offer. This table tells about the complete comparison of the features of these website builders.
|Cost Type||Shopify||Wix Website Builder|
|Basic Website||$29/Month||$16 to $159 for building an essential website with hosting and domain|
|Ecommerce Site||$79/Month||$27 per Month for small ecommerce stores.|
|A big Ecommerce Store||$299 to $2000 subscriptions per month that offer way more basic features than Wix||$159 to thousands of dollars per Month|
|Domain Name Cost||$14/year||$14.95 to $24.85|
|Custom Email Addresses||$4.08 per Month per email|
|Apps Or Plugins||$0 to 299/ month||$3 to $20 per application per Month|
|Payment Processing Fees||2.4% to 2.9% with $0.30||2.9% plus $0.30|
|Storage And Bandwidth||Unlimited in plans from $29 to all higher||2 GB in $8.50 plan, 1 GB for $4.50|
|Product Number Limit||Unlimited in all plans|
|SSL Certificate||Comes Free With All Plans||Free For All Plans|
|Abandoned Cart Recovery||Comes Free With All Plans|
|Storage Space||35GB in $24 plan, 10GB in $12 plan, 3GB in $8.50 plan, 500MB in $4.50 plan|
Design Options In Wix
There’s an extended range of options for website building with Wix.
- It provides layout templates that help you get the exact look you want for your website.
- At the same time, it provides you with a drag-and-drop editor, which you can use to customize your website to very micro levels.
- Also, you can use it to customize your website’s fonts, colors, and backgrounds.
- You can also try using animations on your website, and it also offers you media galleries.
- Wix also provides you with blogging tools and other ecommerce features. For instance, it offers shopping carts, payment processing, and product galleries as design options.
- At the same time, you can integrate your social media profiles into your website for better engagement.
- You can also utilize its app market, which offers multiple functionalities for better operations.
Design Options In Shopify
A good range of features are more aligned for ecommerce websites, so here they are:
- It has a great range of themes that design your professional-looking website, both paid and free ones
- You can also get display options for your multiple view options that you can customize.
- Also, it provides you the ability to modify your fonts, layout, colors, and every element you would like to customize.
- These themes are built to be responsive to work for every device that opens your website.
- The page builder you’re getting can help you customize your layout to the level of sections and content blocks.
- It also lets you add a logo and other branding elements to your website.
Wix Integration Options
Wix integrations allow you to get access to platforms that your customers will love. Here are some integrations:
Wix App Market
It offers you an app market where you can buy and use applications made by third parties. You can get marketing integrations into your website.
When discussing integrations in this CMS, you find ecommerce solutions like Shopify and Ecwid.
Marketing And Analytics:
It offers integrations with tools like MailChimp that enhance your marketing. At the same time, it provides you with tools like Google Analytics and CRMs.
Social Media Integrations:
It offers you social media integrations and sharing buttons for your social media.
- Mobile Optimization
- Site speed optimization
- Page titles and meta descriptions
- Canonical tags
- Structured data markup
- Custom code
- Image alt text
- Customizable URLs
- 301 redirects
Other Integration Options In Wix
Then, there are other design functionality options you can get with Wix. Here are these options:
- It offers you payment processors like Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- At the same time, it provides you email marketing tools and customer management tools for your website.
- Also, it offers dropshipping applications for your store. These features should allow you to source products without the need to keep them in your store physically.
- The website builder also allows you to create subscriptions and membership-based websites with its tools.
- You also get sharing and storage accounts like Dropbox and Google Drive with your site.
- At the same time, it allows you to integrate videos from YouTube and Vimeo.
- It can connect your store to fulfillment and shipping services like ShipStation.
It also offers you a massive list of capabilities and other integrations that ecommerce stores need, like:
It helps you maximize functionalities with integrations like Amazon, Walmart, and eBay.
You can also integrate with Spocket, Oberlo, and Modalyst.
You can also integrate QuickBooks, FreshBooks, and Xero for accounting purposes.
It also integrates email marketing tools like MailChimp, Omnisend, and Klaviyo.
Analytics and Reporting Tools:
Google Analytics, Lucky Orange, and Hotjar.
Lucky Orange Analytics:
- Real-time visitor recordings
- Polls and surveys
- Form Analytics
- Conversion funnel analysis
Hotjar Uses For Analytics:
- Session recordings
- Feedback surveys
- User surveys
- User recruitment
Wix’s Customer Support
Customer support is an integral part of creating a website with the system. A central point that needs to be kept in line here is that it’s always required when building a website. Here is what helps you as customer support when you are using Wix:
Customer Support Features For Free Plan Wix
- They have a complete help center that helps you with tutorials and frequently asked questions when using Wix.
- You can also access a community forum to ask questions about website development with Wix and get answers.
- At the same time, you get a Wix blog that lets you get information about any topic for this website builder.
Wix Paid Plans Customer Support:
- The paid plan also has priority support, which can be doubled with 24/7 customer care.
- They offer you email support if you have a domain connection plan.
- If you have a combo plan, you can get priority response and email support. The same comes when you use the Unlimited and the Pro plans.
- VIP plan users can access a higher level of features in terms of customer support. This plan has been designed to help you get priority customer support with the quickest assistance time.
What About Shopify Customer Support?
On the other hand, Shopify customer support has the means and channels to provide impressive results:
Support For Free Trial Users
- You have support even if you are on a free trial in the form of live chat, email, and phone support.
- At the same time, they have a forum where you can ask questions and get replies to them without paying anything.
- Also, they offer articles, guides, and tutorials covering an extensive range of topics for this platform.
Support For Paid Plans
- Alongside the customer support provided 24/7 with three different means, you also get priority support with paid plans, including the basic program.
- Their dedicated support advisor is another if you buy Shopify or the Advanced Shopify plan.
- On the other hand, if you’re using Shopify Plus, you can get a dedicated support team and a personal account manager.
- Also, you can get customized solutions tailored to your business with Shopify Plus.
- You also get enterprise-level support in Shopify Plus.
Which One To Use For Blogging, Wix Vs Shopify?
If you want to start a blog, it will be a better choice to try Wix. Here are some pros of this platform and the cons of Shopify when comparing the two:
- When it comes to the point of ease of use ” Wix Vs Shopify “, Wix is quite preferable as it offers better comfort to use in comparison to Shopify.
- Also, it gives you a wide range of templates you can use for blogging.
- You also get content flexibility with Wix, making it perfect for such websites.
- Also, you get mobile responsiveness with the themes and layouts you have in a website with this site builder.
These features make it stand out as a blogging-first website builder.
Why Not Use Shopify For Blogging?
When it comes to the reasons you should not be using Shopify for building A blog website, here are some of them:
- Shopify is built for ecommerce websites with a primary focus on ecommerce stores. This focus makes it quite challenging to use it for blogging sites due to a lack of features.
- Also, it is a website builder with a range of templates you can use for a blogging website.
- At the same time, its complexity during development makes it a wrong choice for beginners trying to create a website. As most people building a blog may be a one-man army, this fact makes it an unpreferable system to do it.
- Remember that it is a platform with features and functionalities that work for ecommerce websites and not blogs.
Which platform is better for e-commerce, Wix Vs Shopify, and why?
Shopify is an excellent choice if you want to build an ecommerce site due to its focus on ecommerce features. At the same time, the applications used in Shopify focus on this purpose, including the integrations.
Is Wix or Shopify more beginner-friendly for website building?
Wix must be considered more user-friendly for beginners due to its drag-and-drop features. It also comes with easy modification of the layout. At the same time, you do not need to have a coding background to create a website with it.
Are there limitations to customization on Wix Vs Shopify?
Regarding customization options ” Wix Vs Shopify “, in Wix, you get a better choice in terms of design and layout. So, you can consider it would be a good choice for certain types of needs in comparison to Shopify.
Which platform has a better SEO Capability for marketers?
When we compare Wix with Shopify, we see that Shopify is a better choice if you want to optimize for search engines. On the other hand, Shopify has good features for this purpose but only focuses on ecommerce websites. At the same time, Wix can be flexible and handy for every type of on-page SEO.
We discussed and compared Shopify with the Wix website builder. The main features of ” Wix Vs Shopify “differ in many ways due to their focus on different things. For instance, Shopify is hyper-focused on ecommerce websites, while Wix has a broader spectrum.
If you’re looking to create a new store with full-fledged features or want to open an ecommerce store, Shopify is the best choice. At the same time, it provides better ecommerce integrations and applications.
If you’re looking to start a blog website or do not have any developer and you want to build it by yourself, Wix is the best choice. Also, you can compare the prices in the blog with their overview and customer support options you get.