E-commerce is booming, and billions of dollars in revenue for every industry have changed the world. So, are you a startup CEO or a professional looking to get into IT with an e-commerce startup; this blog is for you. So, this blog will give you Ecommerce Business Ideas For Startups and all the information you need from the top channels and how to use them.
You can learn how to use social media platforms, like Instagram and Facebook, for e-commerce. Also, you can find out the use of websites for the purpose, plus the marketplaces that work for the purpose. The thing is, e-commerce has improved the revenue of IT professionals, and you need to get the ideas that apply.
Alongside giving you the platforms, you can get the ideas that will go with your business model in the e-commerce world.
Top Platforms for E-commerce Business: The Ultimate List
- Ali Baba
- Social media (works for all platforms)
- Square Online
Next, we have some top innovative e-commerce ideas you can rely on to make your startup breathe with platforms to live on. Also, you can read about some of the top platforms your startup can use for e-commerce sales.
Social Media E-commerce (Insta, Facebook, and YouTube)
So, this channel has worked super well, which is why companies like Meta are growing and aligning with the e-commerce concept like Amazon. This is why we will start with the world’s most famous social media platform, Facebook.
Facebook and E-commerce Funnel Building
Facebook is a giant when it comes to the social playground. So, here are some features that show how well they know how much they can shake the industry with their e-commerce features.
Regarding e-commerce on this platform, your content works to build the funnels your business needs. So, you must learn to create content that matters to your audience and make them learn how trustworthy you are. So, that all starts with creating content around your niche or industry.
For instance, if you are in the fashion industry, try the following content ideas:
- Give helpful content to your followers by giving them the top trending pants types. You can give any
- top 10 lists your audience will be interested in.
- Try out information like the best coats in the fashion world for the fall season.
- You can give them information about the best men’s and women’s hairstyles they can try.
- Also, you can give them all the information they need about top-brand coats.
Once you build the top of the funnel with informative and value-added content, you can go for the next phase. One thing that you have after this part is they will be aware of your work. People rarely buy from a brand they don’t know, so they won’t be interested in buying until you are trustworthy.
Once your customers know your brand, you, and your products, you can start the next part, the “interest” part. They will show interest in your products when they know everything they need. So, you can start showing them your products or affiliate links you want to sell.
This is the last part of your funnel, where you make them reach and convert all your customers. So, when they reach your checkout, you can set up a checkout page with Commerce Manager. This way, you can get sales straight from your Facebook account.
Tips for Facebook E-commerce Success
When making your Facebook special, you need to follow some tips. These tips go for making your profile optimized and also for the ways you use for creating content.
- Start with optimizing your profile with a tagline and professional photo. Then, use a call to action to let your audience know how you can serve them.
- Also, ensure you use a custom URL for your Facebook and use your username for it.
- Add your business contact information, some products, and your website to your Facebook. Also, try using applications that attach multiple links to a landing page to let them visit your website.
- Find out everything you can about your competitors and try to use their positive points in your profile.
- Add a cover photo and ensure you add your brand logo if you want to use a company name for your business.
- Your “About” section is important, so keep that in your mind.
- Ensure you add an impressive page description to make your Facebook.
Once you have these optimizations on your Facebook, you can add a call to action to let your customers learn about you. So, when you have a call to action, you can be sure that people understand how they can get your products. The same goes with other conversions, add a CTA, and they will easily convert.
Make sure that you keep in mind that creating content is super important, and you have to be consistent with it as well. So, it would help if you had ideas that work for your niche. Some content ideas for Facebook are:
- Try to get your hold on trending topics that help your audience learn about your business.
- Infographics are always a good idea to share on Facebook; they work for almost every niche.
- Behind the scenes are always useful to look into your business.
- Try to give product pictures you are selling.
- Tell personal stories that build a business following.
- Ask questions to engage your audience and get more people into your community.
Instagram and E-commerce Business Ideas
Instagram is a top platform that has helped companies get perfect e-commerce results. So, here are some tips that can improve your Instagram results:
- Optimize your profile with a bio and add your picture to your profile.
- Add keywords to your bio and other parts of your profile. You can use hashtags to ensure you show up for the right queries.
- Use alt texts for your content, as they can help your visually impaired audience learn about it.
- Add captions to your profile and ensure they are descriptive, as it will help your audience learn about you.
- Using 10 hashtags is considered a good strategy that you can try out.
- Another thing to remember is you need to keep in mind that your optimization never ends. You can track your results and determine whether it is working.
Instagram Ecommerce Tips
When creating content, you must publish posts that bring you organic results. Ensure you do not have to spend money on ads to help you get more people into your community. Remember that using e-commerce on Instagram helps you effectively, and you must schedule your content.
Once you have built a funnel, you can promote your posts with ads. At the same time, you should team up with influencers as people would trust them. Remember that you can only bring in influencers from this niche. So, you can hire fashion bloggers if you want to work in the fashion niche.
Adding your website link to your bio is another thing you must remember. Promoting your shop to other platforms can also bring in more people. At the same time, you should look for ambassadors to help you promote your brand and products. People will start trusting your brand once they find out about your products from you.
Starting a Website
Building an e-commerce website is another idea you can try to strengthen your online business. So, here are the steps you need to take to start:
- You can try using WordPress to build your website, and you must buy hosting and a domain.
- Then, you can build your e-commerce website and start doing search engine optimization.
- Once your content ranks on search engines, you will start getting traffic that converts into sales.
- Make sure you keep publishing helpful content for better search engine optimization. Then, once your audience builds up, you can increase sales.
- For e-commerce websites, you need to use WooCommerce plugins. Ensure your website is fast and your audience can easily visit.
Tips for Ecommerce Websites
When building an online store, you can get two basic types. Number one is a store you run with products you already sell. So, your physical presence also helps you get revenues.
On the other hand, you can have an online store without any physical presence. So, you can start a website and start selling. Then, you can try any products that work for your startup.
Before starting your website, research and develop it to find gaps. For example, if you are in the men’s watches business, you can find out what categories of watches have the least competition. Start with those products, and you can succeed easier and better. On the other hand, you can not get ahead of your competitors in high-competition fields or products.
Also, you should ensure that there is a wide variety of products you can write about and sell. This applies more intensely when you want to sell something with limited options.
When it comes to Shopify, you can get multiple ways to get more traffic. You can promote your store on social media and also try email marketing. SEO for your store is another thing to keep in mind. Link building is one of the ways you can get more results for your store.
When running a Shopify business, you must ensure you sell in-demand products. So, you should find out about top trends in any niche. Try using “Google Trends” or “Exploding Topics.” These two websites can give you all the information you need to choose the right niche.
When your business is online, you can try several methods to make it a common name. So, you can use social media ads, search engines, emails, and other types of outreach and marketing methods to get people to visit your store and buy. Moreover, you should get your website some backlinks that can help improve its position.
Shopify store is just like a website you can market on search engines.
Regarding a marketplace like Amazon, you can get a huge platform to build your store. Some sellers sell their products, and some sell products from other stores.
For Seller Account
- You should have a business mail for opening this account. Another option is you can have a customer account issued by Amazon.
- Amazon system also takes your tax information and your phone number.
- Making sure that you share your bank account number is also a must.
- Also, your national identification card is a must thing you should have.
- Making sure that you have an international credit card is another requirement you must meet.
How To Start A Store on Amazon?
You must have a registered brand before starting your e-commerce business on Amazon. So, you can start with a seller account you can get by signing up. Then, you should also provide an active trademark which should also be registered. This trademark should be for the company you want to work in.
At the same time, you should have a logo on your products and packaging for this process. Next, you should start customizing your product details with content. Finally, you can find multiple tools that you can use for your store to enhance its looks and experience.
You can start marketing your business with the tools Amazon provides, and by analyzing results, you can come up with methods that work here.
Starting An Ecommerce Business On Ali Baba
Ali Baba is another marketplace that startups can avail of for their e-commerce businesses. So, how to start your business there? Here is how!
- You can start by searching for products you want to sell.
- Once you find the products you want to sell, you can give an order, and you have to choose a payment method.
- The next step will be to contact your suppliers via social media or email. There are other ways to contact; you can choose WeChat too. You can request them a quotation with your message.
- Make sure you know the minimum order quantities and get some samples. At the same time, you should know the product price you get, and also you should know if there are some conditions on the deal you make.
Make sure you do a fair deal for yourself and also find out the options among dealers. Find the best option for price and other variables that can impact your profit and credibility for your customers, and you are done.
We discussed the top 6 methods you could use for e-commerce business that your startup can handle. Amazon, WooCommerce, Social media, and Ali Baba can help you win more profit. We also gave you tips for top social platforms, Facebook and Instagram, with covering on other platforms.
E-commerce is here to stay, and it has changed how things go in the global market, so find the best practices and earn big with these platforms. Profile optimization and search engine optimization can help improve your online presence. So, try these tips to enhance your reach and improve your sales online with a reliable store you can use to build your startup.