Chapter 2. How Much Does It Cost To Make A Website?
Now, the answer to this question varies heavily, and it depends on what you want to do with your website. For instance, the cost will differ if you buy an old or new domain. At the same time, shared or dedicated hosting for your website would also vary.
A common estimation is between 30 to 50 dollars on hosting and domain. But, on the other hand, you can get most of the other things for free. For instance, the tools you need for building your website, like content management systems. So, you can install WordPress, the number one content management system, for free.
So, this is the normal cost of creating a website you would need.
Before You Start!
Now, we know that search engines only deal in websites, so you need a website. It is also a fact that more than 60 percent of internet experiences start with search engines. Another fact is that ranking on platforms like Google or others is not easy. But the thing is, what are you shooting for when you want a website?
It will definitely be a business or supporting website if you want to earn with it. So, it may be a blog, a service-based website, an eCommerce store, a portfolio website, or any other. But you need to start with a plan that actually has an eye on the end results.
So, start by planning what end results in you are shooting to reach your goals.
Choose What Business You Want | Learn From Examples
So, 99.9 % of people will agree that every website is for monetization in one way or the other. The thing is, every website has its own way of monetization that differs from the others. So, we will discuss top monetization methods and let you know which ones apply to which website type.
Monetize With Traffic (Top AD Networks)
Now, running ads for your website is one of the top methods you can definitely try for monetization. So, here are some ad networks that can run ads on websites and pay you for that. All these networks have their own criteria to run your ads, so you should learn about them before applying to them.
- Google AdSense
- Reward style
- Sovrn //Commerce
- Propeller Ads
- Epom Ad Server
So, we will discuss some of the top providers that can help you get ads with their requirements. You need to know this before making a website on WordPress.
Ezoic is one of the best ad networks you can find in the internet world, and here are some criteria they want you to follow:
- Your website should not have invalid clicks or impressions.
- It should not feature any adult or gambling content.
- Ensure that your website does not contain any automatically generated content.
- The website should not offer copyrighted content or services.
- There should be no keyword stuffing in your content. Keyword stuffing is the excessive use of keywords in your content.
- It should not have any empty pages or ones that do not have original content.
Google is one of the most famous ad networks offering money for original and unique content. Here are some things you need to follow for monetization with them:
- You should be 18 years of age or older.
- The website should not receive any traffic from any paid-to-click sources.
- It is not permissible to wrongly make an effort to make your audience click ads. For instance, you can not pay users to view your ads.
- Your website should have an easy-to-navigate structure.
- Ensure your ads do not look deceptive, like menus, download links, or navigation buttons.
- Also, never link to a page on which content does not exist.
Reward style is a great platform if you have a fashion or lifestyle website. Also, you should ensure having these stats for your website before you apply:
- Your website should be 1 year or older.
- It should have 10k to 25000 page views.
- Make sure you publish content at least 13 times a month.
- It would really help if you had social media accounts.
You can definitely apply for approval if you have these stats.
Which Sites Work for Such Monetization?
Regarding monetization with traffic and ads, almost every website can use this method. So, if you want to monetize your website with ads, you can start any blog. But it is not recommended to use ads for business and e-commerce websites.
Now, the affiliate is one of the best monetization methods for your website. So, here are some affiliate programs you can try for your site:
- Constant Contact
- eBay Partner Network
- Teachable Bluehost
- Amazon Associates
E Product Income
E-books or other electronic products can help you earn money from your website. So, when you offer some information to your audience, you can try these books to offer them tips. If they want to buy these books from you, you can definitely try using these to sell these products. So, you can launch any product for your website’s monetization, which can also be an E-book.
Chapter 3. List Of Website Features And How Start A Website
Before starting your journey, you must ensure your website works according to your needs. So, you need to make things look perfect for your website SEO. For instance, here are...Read more