7. Product Photography With Smartphones
Photography With Smartphones
|Smartphone Features To Look For||Try Using A Camera With High Pixel Quality And A Great Sensor. Using Autofocus And A Great Lens Power, Plus Good Focus, Can Help Too. Try To Get A Good Blur Factor Quality, Plus Its HDR Is Super Important.|
|Clear Lens||Make Sure You Have A Clear Lens To Get The Best Results In The Vividness And Clarity Of Your Pictures.|
|Settings And Lighting||Make Sure That Your Lighting Is Perfect And You Can Get The Most Accurate Results With It.|
Product Photography Using A Smartphone
Now there are several ways you can do product photography regarding the devices you use. Two of the most convenient of these are using smartphones or professional cameras. We will discuss smartphones and how to use them to create great pictures.
Our tips can help you improve your results on taking product photos with an iPhone. So, here we go!
Choose your Device Carefully
Using the right smartphone device for your photos can make a huge difference, so you should choose it right. Some of the top features you should remember when choosing them are:
- The camera’s number of pixels can change your results, so keep this in mind if you need better product pictures.
- Your camera sensor should be strong; you can use it as it helps you take great pictures. So, ensure your camera has great sensor power to get better pictures.
- Autofocus is another feature that allows you to get better product pictures, as it is a great camera technology. So, you can take detailed pictures when you want to use cameras with this feature.
- Try to find a phone with great lens power and good focus and blur factor quality.
- HDR is another feature that helps you by taking more than one picture and combining them into one for better picture exposure.
- Look for a smartphone camera that has an optical image stabilization system. This system can help you with shots that can get blurred due to your hand shivering or moving.
Use Natural Light
Making use of natural light is one of the most significant prerequisites you must remember as a photographer. So, make sure you use natural light when taking pictures with your camera.
Another thing to remember is that you can not take good pictures in the dark or even in the shadows. So, ensure your product is not in the dark when you click the camera button. At the same time, you should always make sure that you avoid using a flashlight, as it can worsen things.
Your Lens Should Be Clear
Make sure that you start with knowing your phone lens and trying to ensure it is not dirty. Then, try using the lens if it is completely clean and clean any dirt or other unwanted things. This tip gets you more results when you want to know how to take product photos with an iPhone.
Also, you should know what the best product photography lenses you can find in the market are. The more you use these lenses, the better your pictures will look for your brand.
Phone photography is a way that only requires you to spend a little and does not need to have deep pockets. You have to follow simple steps and do things just to make sure your photos work well for the things you want to achieve.
Settings and Lighting
Remembering the right lighting for your pictures is essential, so you can use a ring light to make your product look special. Also, you must make sure that you use manual settings to control all different aspects of your photo and the results you get.
It is a great way to do professional product photography, and it can help improve your results for better marketing and promotions. Using a room that perfectly goes with the type of photography you want to do is a great option. So you can ensure you have enough light in your room without worrying about any lighting problems.
The experts believe that the better light you have, the better pictures you can get, so make sure that you pay attention to create the right lighting.
Set Up Your Place
Using the right lighting and maintaining the other settings can help you with perfect smartphone pictures. So, you must go for a space that is made for the purpose and goes with the needs.
Create a setup with everything you need to take the best pictures. So, maintain a light level, a backdrop, and other settings that can provide great picture quality.
Another thing to remember is you should try shooting with the best file size and the best image detail for your work. At the same time, your camera needs to have the stability to capture clear pictures. If your camera is shaky, you will get blurry pictures, which you would never want. You can also buy equipment like a tripod to shoot the best pictures.
Some Common Flaws To Avoid!
Avoiding the most common problems while taking smartphone photos can save your skin a million times. So, here are some tips to avoid blunders that can ruin your photo session.
- Try to get the best lighting for your camera sensor, as it is normally smaller than a DSLR. Try to get pictures in good lighting by shooting during light or by creating them in the settings.
- Ensure that your photo has a subject that is evident by the picture without extra notice.
- Using a camera flash is not a good option as it can cause shadows to the photo. But some flashes may work with smartphone cameras, too, so look for the one that suits your needs.
- Try using the rule of thirds and keep space between the subject’s header space and boundary.
- Manual setting is one of the best things you can remember to use manual settings when taking pictures.
- Always keep a backup of your image files to make sure you have all the files in case you lose them from the original device.
- Editing is good when it makes your image look normal, so do not overdo it. Ensure that your picture looks natural in all conditions and that there is not too much editing for your images.
- Use the best settings that would work for your product, and you can use settings that make your colors realistic.
- A busy background can be one of the issues that you should always keep in mind. Background can be one of the issues you should always pay attention to, so make sure your background is manageable and relevant.
- Try to make sure you have the image in focus, and only take a photo with the subject in focus.
Blurry images can be a big issue you can avoid by keeping your shutter speed right.
Some tips you should follow
Start with cleaning your camera, and make sure you get used to cleaning it with something soft.
Avoid using digital zoom, as it can reduce your picture quality if your phone does not support good zooming.
Try your best to avoid using flash instead; use proper lighting to illuminate your product.
Make sure you frame your subjects before taking the picture, and try using the rule of thirds for this purpose. Try turning on grids to take pictures with the rule of thirds on your phone. Go to Settings>Camera>Grid on an iOS device. Go to Settings>Apps>Camera and Grid Lines on android for these settings.
8. Post Production to Give Last Touches
Now that you have some amazing pictures on your device, you need to have a post-production process that helps you with perfect results. You can try several tools to...Read more